Criminal Defense Attorneys for Drug Charges
Being accused of a drug charge can be a frightening experience as drug charges can lead to severe penalties and lifelong consequences if you’re convicted. Choosing the right drug crime defense attorney in Raleigh is the most important decision you can make after you’ve been charged with an offense such as possession or distribution. Having an experienced, dedicated attorney who will aggressively fight on your behalf while understanding the evidence and case the prosecution has is key to you getting the best possible outcome.
We have represented thousands of clients charged with drug-related offenses. With over 50 years of combined experience, Andrew Sandman, Bill Finn, and Berryman Fitzhugh have the knowledge and training to prepare a powerful defense against any drug case. As former prosecutors, we have the unique perspective of understanding what type of strategies and methods the State will use to secure a conviction and know how to fight back against them.
Defending Clients Against Misdemeanor and Felony Drug Charges
At Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh we handle misdemeanors to felony offenses, including the following:
- Drug possession of marijuana, crack, cocaine, heroin, opium, LSD, GHB, ecstasy, crystal meth, prescription drugs, and other serious illegal substances.
- Drug selling or distribution – actively exchanging controlled substances for money or other items or possessing drugs with the intent to sell them or distribute them;
- Drug trafficking – selling, transporting or importing illegal drugs, often on a larger scale;
- Drug manufacturing – preparing, packaging, or producing a controlled substance;
- Drug cultivation – growing a controlled substance, typically marijuana
- Prescription drug crimes – fraudulently accessing prescription medication, stealing, selling, or purchasing prescription medication.
- Drug paraphernalia– possessing an item or piece of equipment specifically used for drug-related activities;
Choosing a Drug Charge Defense Attorney You Can Trust
Our experienced attorneys strive to provide personalized representation and counsel to every client. This includes:
- Arguments for deferral programs: Depending on the facts of your case you may be eligible to enroll in one of the many drug deferral programs available. With the successful completion of these programs, many of our felony drug cases are often dismissed. If your case doesn’t initially meet the deferral program criteria, we’ll work to reduce the charges so that participation is an option.
- Compassionate representation: When you’re facing prison or large fines from a drug arrest, we know you feel alone and worried about your future. We know you need an ally on your side who is looking out for your best interests, and the team at Sandman, Finn, and Fitzhugh understand that.
- 24/7 Consultation: When you call us, you can speak directly to an attorney 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are here when you need us, and if you can’t meet with our attorneys during traditional business hours, we’ll work out an arrangement that best suits you,, including communicating by email, phone, or video call. Our firm offers after-hours consultations, by appointment.
- Looking Out for Your Goals: Our priority is to do everything we can to help you beat the charges or avoid penalties whenever possible, which is why we are driven to. offer effective representation to help get a case dismissal. We customize our defense strategy to your unique needs, obtaining all the evidence against you to find a solution that keeps your rights in mind.
Federal Drug Charge Defense Attorneys
In addition to representing clients accused of drug charges by the state of North Carolina, we also represent clients in the Eastern District of North Carolina in federal courts. The majority of crimes prosecuted in federal courts are related to controlled substances and federal cases are especially challenging because the penalties are more severe and the Department of Justice has unlimited resources to try cases. Having an experienced attorney who is well-versed in the law and who you can trust to be honest and realistic is highly beneficial to your case.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Drug Crime Attorneys in Raleigh
If you’ve been charged with drug-related crimes either by the state of North Carolina or federally, you need legal representation fast. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 919-887-8040 for a free consultation with one of our attorneys or fill out our contact form to get started.
Most importantly, our Raleigh drug crime defense lawyers are well-versed in the law. This allows us to defend you, even in the most challenging situations. Call (919) 887-8040 to schedule your free initial consultation today.