Finding Legal Solutions for Complex Matters
At Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh, our top priority is advocating for your rights. We want to make a positive impact in your life by finding creative solutions that protect your future, your freedom, and your reputation. We want every client that our Raleigh criminal defense attorneys take on to feel comfortable and knowledgeable with every decision that we make as a team. We do everything we can to reach your specific goals.
Seek a Positive Case Resolution
As former prosecutors and former Assistant District Attorneys in Wake County, our legal team has a unique perspective into how cases work from the other side of the aisle. This helps us plan for common pitfalls and anticipate the other side’s arguments in even to most complex matters.
In addition, our Raleigh criminal defense lawyers have handled numerous cases at the state and federal levels, from minor traffic offenses to serious homicide charges. We have the in-depth knowledge you need to face your charges head on.
Call our firm right away at (919) 887-8040 to discuss your case. If the police have spoken to you, you need to speak to our firm.
Misdemeanor & Felony Defense
In North Carolina, criminal offenses fall into two different categories: Misdemeanor and felony charges.
There are hundreds of different misdemeanor crimes prosecuted by the District Courts, however, common charges include:
- Assault with no injury
- Assault on a female
- Assault on a law enforcement officer
- Larceny of less than $1,000
- Possession of a small amount of marijuana or drug paraphernalia
- Public disturbance
- DWI charges
- Underage possession of alcohol
Felonies, on the other hand, can be prosecuted by District Courts or in the Superior Court by a grand jury.
These are normally more serious charges and fall into three categories:
- Property crimes like frauds, forgery, larceny, and obtaining property by false pretense
- Drug crimes like possession of cocaine, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a car or house for the possession or distribution of drugs, possession with intent to sell drugs, and drug trafficking
- Serious charges such as assaults with injury, robberies, sexual assaults, and homicides.