Andrew K. Sandman
Former Wake County Asst District Attorney
Lifelong Raleigh resident Andrew Sandman decided to begin his own criminal defense firm in 1995. Ten years later, he and Bill Finn became law partners and, soon after, welcomed Trey Fitzhugh into the partnership as well.
His Journey Through Undergraduate Education and Law School
Prior to beginning his own firm, Attorney Sandman attended North Carolina State University where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Business Management in 1990. Immediately after college, Attorney Sandman was accepted to The Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University.
While at Campbell, Andrew started an internship with the Wake County District Attorney's Office and worked there during both his second and third years of law school. Additionally, he was selected by the faculty to be a member of the Trial Team and had the honor of receiving the Order of Old Kivett.
His Position with the Wake County District Attorney's Office
While still in law school, Attorney Sandman was offered a position with the Wake County District Attorney's office upon graduation. In 1993, he started his criminal law career. He worked in this position for almost three years. During his time there, he prosecuted thousands of different criminal matters involving:
Additionally, he served as the Chief Prosecutor for all of the misdemeanor courtrooms for Wake County.
Education & Experience:
- 1990 B.A. North Carolina State University
- 1993 JD Campbell University School of Law
- 1993-1995 Assistant District Attorney Wake County
- 1995-2005 Andrew K. Sandman, Attorney at Law
- 2005-2008 Sandman & Finn. PLLC, Partner
- 2008-Present Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh, PLLC, Partner
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers