If You Were Arrested, Contact a Trusted Raleigh DWI Lawyer Today
In the immediate wake of a DWI arrest, many people have questions regarding their rights and their futures. The first step in gaining the needed understanding and insight is to contact an experienced Raleigh DWI lawyer from Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh. The right attorney could mean the difference between reduced or dismissed charges and facing serious penalties, such as jail time and heavy fines. Our team understands the fear and isolation that most criminal defendants feel. So, should you partner with us, you can rest assured that we will work tirelessly for you and never leave your side.
There are many reasons why clients choose Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh to be their Raleigh DWI lawyers. Some of the ones we hear most are:
- More than 50 years of combined legal experience
- A proven track record of success
- Award-winning legal advocacy
- Free and confidential consultations
Former prosecutors are at the helm of our team of Raleigh DWI lawyers. We know the nuances of both sides of the courtroom, which gives us an advantage in handling your case. Above everything else, we put your interests first. To that end, we offer tailored solutions and creative defense strategies that protect the legal rights of all our clients.
Some Potential DWI Penalties in North Carolina
The precise penalties associated with a DWI vary according to a number of factors, the defendant’s criminal history, if any, and the offender’s age. Typically, DWI penalties include fines and costs, drivers’ license revocation or suspension, community service, jail time, and much higher auto insurance rates.
In terms of overall severity, North Carolina law divides DWI into five levels, as follows:
- Level One: Maximum three years in jail and a $10,000 fine, monitored alcohol abstinence for four months following incarceration release, and substance abuse assessment.
- Level Two: Up to one year in jail and a $2,000 fine, and a substance abuse assessment program.
- Level Three: Maximum six months in jail and a $1,000 fine, and possible substance abuse assessment program.
- Level Four: Up to 120 days in jail and a $500, and possible substance abuse assessment.
- Level Five: Maximum sixty days in jail and $2,000 fine, and substance abuse assessment.
All these penalty levels also include a mandatory 30-day drivers’ license suspension. However, a judge may waive this penalty in Level Five cases.
Contact Us to Schedule a Free Consultation
In all criminal defense matters, time is of the essence. Immediately after an arrest, you should contact a Raleigh DWI lawyer from our firm. After you partner with us, we work tirelessly to build a defense which restores your driving privileges and safeguards your future. At Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh, Attorneys at Law, we offer efficient legal care, compassionate understanding, and vigorous advocacy that never settles. So, as our client, you can put your trust in our team.
To get in touch with us 24/7/365, fill out the form below or call us at (919) 887-8040. We offer convenient payment plans.