DWI Penalties in North Carolina
Arrested? Contact a Trusted Raleigh DWI Lawyer Today – (919) 887-8040
In the moments following a DWI arrest, you may be left with several questions regarding your future and your rights. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your case, you should not hesitate to contact an experienced Raleigh DWI lawyer from Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh today. Picking the right attorney can mean the difference between having your charges reduced and facing serious penalties that may include jail time and heavy fines. Our team understands how isolating the criminal justice system can be – should you hire the legal services offered at our firm, you can trust that we will work tirelessly to ensure you don’t face this alone.
Why clients choose our firm:
- We have more than 50 years of legal experience
- A history of satisfied clients
- Award-winning representation
- Free consultations
Our legal team is made up of former prosecutors – we know the ins and outs of both sides of the courtroom, which gives us an advantageous approach to handling your case. Above anything else, our main priority is to put your interests first. We pride ourselves in offering tailored and creative defense strategies to our clients, and you are no exception to this.
To begin building your case, call Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh today at (919) 887-8040.
What Penalties Am I Facing for My DWI?
The severity of penalties associated with your DWI depend on a number of factors including your age or whether this is your first or subsequent offense. Typically, DWI penalties will often include fines, license suspension or revocation, community service, jail time, and higher car insurance rates. The state of North Carolina divides DWI severity into five different levels, level 1 being the highest:
- Level 1: Immediate license suspension for 30 days, $10,000 in fines, up to 3 years on jail, monitored abstaining from alcohol 4 months after incarceration release, and substance abuse assessment
- Level 2: Licenses suspension for 30 days, $2,000 in fines, up to 1 year in jail, and possible substance abuse assessment
- Level 3: License suspension for 30 days, $1,000 in fines, up to 6 months in jail, and possible substance abuse assessment
- Level 4: License suspension for 30 days, $500 in fines, up to 120 days in jail, and possible substance abuse assessment
- Level 5: Penalties include immediate license suspension for 30 days, $2,000 in fines, up to 60 days in jail, and substance abuse assessment
Contact Us To Schedule Your Free Consultation
In these types of cases, time is of the absolute essence. Immediately after a DWI arrest, you should contact a Raleigh criminal defense attorney from our firm. We will work tirelessly to help you get your driving privileges back by building a defense that works to safeguard your future. At Sandman, Finn & Fitzhugh, we offer efficient legal care, understanding, and advocacy that never settles – as our client, you can put your trust our team.
We’re ready to hear from you! To request your free consultation, contact our firm today.